Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chapter 4 Notes

Prediction

When Lennie and Crooks are talking, Lennie told Crooks about his dream to live and tend rabbits. I predict that Lennie is going to get yelled at by George because he was not suppose to tell anyone. Also, I think Crooks will want to join them because he is not treated nice at the bunkhouse because of his race.

Question

When Crooks starts talking to Lennie about George leaving him, I got confused. Why was Crooks purposely making Lennie worry? Is Crooks making Lennie feel bad because he feels bad? Does Crooks find himself similar to Lennie, because in a way, they are both less powerful in society?


Connection

Like Lennie, sometimes when I get really excited about something, I have the need to tell everyone about it. Lennie told Crooks about how Candy, George, and himself are going to live on their own land and tend rabbits because he was so excited. This reminded me of how I told my mom about her surprise birthday party. I was not suppose to tell her but it slipped out because I was so excited. Like Lennie, when I get excited, I sometimes tell people things I should not have.

No comments:

Post a Comment