Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chapter 2 Notes

Connections

Page 24: When George and Lennie are talking and George sees an old man that he believes is listening in to his conversation, it reminded me of myself. Like George, I cannot stand when people are nosey. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. 
Questions
Page 22: When Lennie is talking to the boss, I did not understand why he lied to the boss. I understand they are desperate for the job but still what if the boss found out they lied? Would the boss fire them?

Page 25: When George and Lennie are in the cabin talking to to the swamper and Curly comes in, I got confused. Why did Curley have such a bad attitude? Why was he picking a fight with Lennie?

Predictions

Page 26: I predict Lennie and George are going to get into a fight. Steinbeck uses the method of foreshadowing to show that a fight will probably occur. Curley was being rude to Lennie and George, which shows that they probably will get into a fight. Also, the swamper said that Curley is always picking fights with big guys like Lennie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment