Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chapter 1 Notes

Questions:

Page 4: George and Lennie are involved. This part of the story takes place by river that the two had just come across.
I wonder why Lennie imitates George? Is George his role model? Is George his older brother?

Page 11: When George is screaming about how happy he could be without Lennie, I got confused when he brought up something that happened. He talked about Lennie "touching a dress."
Did Lennie try to steal a dress? Why was Lennie in trouble for touching the dress?
Predictions

Page 12: I predict that Lennie will run away. I believe this because George keeps taking his anger out on him, and Lennie keeps saying that he is going to run off. I believe that eventually, when George pushes him to hard, Lennie will run away.

Connections

Page 9: When Lennie found water, it reminded me of a scene in the book, The Hunger Games. When the main character, Katniss, found water, she was so relieved just like Lennie. Finding water after being thirsty for so long was a relief for both characters.

Page 11: When George exploded with anger, it reminded me of a man I used to know. He would have his anger bottled up, and then eventually just exploded with anger and take it out on someone, like George took his anger out on Lennie.

No comments:

Post a Comment